[mcclim-devel] Problems getting "format-graph-from-roots" to work...

rpgoldman at real-time.com rpgoldman at real-time.com
Tue Feb 7 14:14:27 UTC 2006

    PB> Hello all!
    PB> I have gotten slightly further in my ambition to make a clim program to
    PB> draw tree diagrams. After looking at various examples I have put
    PB> together a little program that gives the error below.

    PB> No matching method for the generic function
    PB> #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION CLIM:LAYOUT-GRAPH-NODES (1) {58CD5C11}>,
    PB> when
    PB> called with arguments
    PB> (#<CLIM-INTERNALS::DIGRAPH-GRAPH-OUTPUT-RECORD X 0.0d0:0.0d0 Y
    PB> 0.0d0:0.0d0
    PB>    {59D5278D}>
    PB>  #<CLIM:APPLICATION-PANE TREE-TEST::SCREEN {59BF5855}> NIL NIL).
    PB>    [Condition of type PCL::NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD-ERROR]

The problem arises because DIGRAPH layout has not been implemented in
McCLIM.  Tree layout is all that has been done.  Until such a time as
this has been fixed, we should probably change format-graph-from-roots
to toss an error if it is called with an unsupported layout method.

I see from your example code that you're trying to draw a tree.  Give
tree as layout method and I believe you'll be ok.

    PB> Also my clim package 0.9.1 does not seem to have
    PB> "format-graph-from-root" (singular) only the "format-graph-from-roots"
    PB> is this because the one root only version is not implemented? Does
    PB> anyone know?

Hm.  I know that I reported this earlier.  I guess we never got around
to fixing it.  It's a pretty easy fix of just turning a single root
into a list and then calling format-graph-from-roots, IIRC.