[mcclim-devel] Newbie problems with "accepting-values" / no method for CLIM:STREAM-CURSOR-POSITION

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Fri Feb 3 16:29:39 UTC 2006

Peter Braroe <peter.braroe at newsmachine.com> writes:

> Well what I was trying to do was to run the example as I didn't trust my
> own code!  So from SLIME i (as described in the documentation) invoked:
>
> (clim-demo::accepting-interval)
>
> The same thing didn't work when trying directly when loading CMUCL from
> the command line... The above code is same as in the 0.9.1 distro.

Try evaluating the above form from the CLIM Listener.

> things. Any ideas on where I can find sources for a more full bodied app
> to look at and lean from?

You might start here:

  http://www.cl-user.net/asp/tags/clim

> PS CLIM seems cool, a lot more elegant than programming in Java for
> instance. But it seems a bit hard to get into due to lack of newbie
> style documentation - I am happy to write together the feedback and
> collection of "non-obvious but simple" stuff that an beginner needs to
> know for publication somewhere suitable! Good idea?

You might consider joining some of the gardeners projects, or starting
a new one:

  CL Gardeners - Tending the Common Lisp garden
  http://www.lispniks.com/cl-gardeners/

Paolo
--
Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log