[mcclim-devel] BUG: erasing content in the interactor pane

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Sun Dec 31 03:23:51 UTC 2006

Eric Marsden <eric.marsden at free.fr> writes:

> I see the following bug with CVS McCLIM using Closure and
> mcclim-freetype, on SBCL. I recall a previous command with "M-p"
> (for some reason I seem to need to type that twice for it to have an
> effect), then backspace until the entire argument of the command has
> been erased, then run into the following error.

This seems to be a McCLIM Freetype problem that causes some strings to
be printed one pixel to the left of where the stream cursor is
actually positioned. Goatee doesn't suffer from this problem because
it ignores text styles, but in Drei, the input will walk a pixel to
the left for every redisplay. I think this problem is font-dependent,
as I could only get it to show up with a :sans-serif font. This
Listener session sort of shows the problem (notice that the output
records have different positions based on which string is printed - I
guess the variable-width and anti-aliasing stuff causes it):

http://sigkill.dk/athas/vimi.png

--
\  Troels "Athas"
/\ Henriksen