[mcclim-devel] accept-values-pane and views

Paul Werkowski pw at snoopy.mv.com
Tue Apr 11 15:20:27 UTC 2006

> I don't quite understand. Do you have an implementation of accept values
> panes that you'd like to share, or you're using it in CLIM and would
> like to use it in McCLIM too? This is an important project that

Well, I've been using accept-values-pane and accepting-values :own-window t
in CLIM for a few years now (never used interactor at all) and got
to wondering what the magic was. So I played around a bit and
found that accept-values-pane was very simple to implement with
most of the hair in converting to/from completion ptypes.
I think that is mostly solved now as well.
Now that with-output-as-gadget has a chance of working in McCLIM, this
mostly portable code could be messaged into a McCLIM
accept-values-pane.  McCLIM's accepting-values mechanism was not
up to handling with-output-as-gadget when I last checked in December.

I can send you what I have if you are interested. It may be of some help.

> As for view object values, there is code in classic CLIM to pass on the
> "init args" passed to a view object as extra arguments to make-pane; it
> is probably worthwhile to do that in McCLIM too.

I guess I missed that in the spec. Can you give me a pointer?

Paul