[mcclim-devel] accept-values-pane and views

Timothy Moore moore at bricoworks.com
Tue Apr 11 14:50:07 UTC 2006

Paul Werkowski wrote:
> I have a mostly portable implementation of ACCEPT-VALUES-PANE
> running in Lispworks CLIM. For those that don't know,
> the accept-values-pane is a gadget based non modal dialog.

> This functionality is pretty important for usable
> gadget based dialogs so I hope the McCLIM architects
> can consider how this can be added to the code base.
>
> Paul

I don't quite understand. Do you have an implementation of accept values
panes that you'd like to share, or you're using it in CLIM and would
like to use it in McCLIM too? This is an important project that
shouldn't be too hard to knock off, given the structure of the current
accepting-values code, command table, etc. We would have to understand /
solve keyboard focus issues.

As for view object values, there is code in classic CLIM to pass on the
"init args" passed to a view object as extra arguments to make-pane; it
is probably worthwhile to do that in McCLIM too.

Tim