[mcclim-devel] question about curves and formatting graphs

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Sun May 22 11:45:29 UTC 2005

rpgoldman at real-time.com writes:

> It was interesting to me that the grapher Paolo pointed to last time
> did NOT use format-graph-from-roots.  I don't know whether this was

In my reading of CLIM literature and code, I don't remember running
across the use of format-graph-from-roots for dynamic graphs.

> BTW, on a dual SMP 3G with 1G of RAM last night, I tried to layout a
> graph with approx 5K nodes, and McCLIM went into GC thrashing and took
> the lisp process down (which I take to be an accomplishment).  I hope

Can you try evaluating this form at the CLIM Listener?

  (time (clim-listener::com-show-class-subclasses t))

I don't know how many nodes the generated graph contains, but there
are many.  It takes under a second on my 2.8 GHz Pentium IV machine
with 2 GB of RAM.

Paolo
--
Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log