[mcclim-devel] list-pane usage

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Mon May 9 15:39:56 UTC 2005

Friedrich Dominicus <frido at q-software-solutions.de> writes:

> address-book example, but am now deriving. So what I like to know is
> how to make this part of the address-book example:
> (defmethod display-names ((frame address-book) stream)
>   (dolist (address *addresses*)
>     ;; PRESENT invokes the :PRINTER for the ADDRESS presentation-type, defined above.
>     ;; It also makes each address printed out mouse-sensitive.
>     (updating-output (stream :unique-id address)
>       (present address 'address :stream stream)
>       (terpri stream))))
>
> work with a list pane. What I want is that that the list-pane entried
> get mouse-sensitive. I searched the examples but found nothing which

You may do something like this in the panes section of the relevant
application frame (untested):

(define-application-frame ...
  (:panes
    (addresses (make-pane 'list-pane
                          :mode :exclusive
                          :items *addresses*
                          :value-changed-callback 'select-address))
    ))

Where #'select-address does whatever is needed to make the address
selected by the user via the list pane the current one.

Paolo
--
Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log