[mcclim-devel] sb-bsd-sockets

Duncan Rose duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 10:33:15 UTC 2005

On Wednesday, March 30, 2005, at 10:11 PM, Timothy Moore wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2005, at 10:32 PM, Christophe Rhodes wrote:
>
>> Boris Tschirschwitz <boris at math.ubc.ca> writes:
>>
>>> I am trying to use McCLIM with openmcl.  When compiling the beagle
>>> backend I get the error message that sb-bsd-sockets can't be found,
>>> apparently clx depends on it and mcclim depends on clx, even with
>>> beagle.
>>
>> I believe that the recommended way to load telent-clx -- which is what
>> I guess you're using -- with openmcl is not the asd file but something
>> which is distributed with openmcl's clx distribution only.  (That is,
> Actually, the recommended clx for OpenMCL is clx-040210.tar.gz from
> clozure.com's ftp area.

There shouldn't be a dependency on CLX when running Beagle; there wasn't
in the McCLIM sources from a week or so back and I haven't noticed
anything
changing (not seen any CVS commit notifications).
It's possible I set something up a while ago in my system (I run McCLIM
with both CLX + Beagle back ends, from time to time) so that the
necessary
CLX parts are loaded by default in my system but I don't remember doing
so if I did.

Which file(s) are complaining at compilation time?

-Duncan