[mcclim-devel] incremental redisplay and with-first-quadrant-coordinates

Rainer Joswig joswig at lisp.de
Tue Jun 28 12:43:45 UTC 2005

> Von: Robert Strandh <strandh at labri.fr>
> Datum: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:22:17 +0200
> An: Duncan Rose <duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk>
> Cc: McCLIM <mcclim-devel at common-lisp.net>
> Betreff: Re: [mcclim-devel] incremental redisplay and
> with-first-quadrant-coordinates
>
> Duncan Rose writes:
>>
>> Don't both Lispworks and Franz already have 'CLIM 2.2'?
>
> Oh, OK, 2.3 then :-)
>
>> Do we need to take the vendor CLIMs into account at all?
>
> I seriously doubt it.  As far as the vendors are concerned, CLIM is
> dead.

Almost. Some applications are still using CLIM.

The last change that happened was that some people bought CLIM source
rights (Alice Hartley of Digitool is one of those). Consequently Digitool
offers a CLIM version that is also available with full sources.

Both Franz and LispWorks are fixing bugs sometimes, but are not investing
into new work with CLIM. Franz now ports ist toolkit from Windows to Linux
and LispWorks does only CAPI anyway.