[mcclim-devel] incremental redisplay and with-first-quadrant-coordinates

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Mon Jun 27 13:30:34 UTC 2005

Actually, I think it is time to give McCLIM a major overhaul, though I
am not convinced anybody has the time.

Such an overhaul would start by correcting and supplementing the
specification where it is wrong and/or incomplete.  We might call the
document obtained this way the CLIM 2.2 specification.  It would be
much more precise than the CLIM 2.0 specification, and we would make
sure as much as possible that it does not have any contradictions.

>From the CLIM 2.2 specification, chunks of the code base could be
refactored, checked, and selectively rewritten.

All of this, of course, requires more manpower, which we do not have.

--
Robert Strandh