[mcclim-devel] question about CLIM spec [format-graph-from-roots]

rpgoldman at real-time.com rpgoldman at real-time.com
Mon Jul 18 19:13:15 UTC 2005

AFAICT, the CLIM spec doesn't say anything about what are the
acceptable values for the DUPLICATE-TEST argument to
FORMAT-GRAPH-FROM-ROOTS (although it does specify that the default
value is EQL).  This seems very unfortunate.  If we were to be limited
to the conventional equality test values, then we would be able to use
a hash-table to store the graph nodes.  However, if the spec permits
arbitrary functions of two arguments, that seems to make use of
hash-tables impossible.  Am I overlooking something?  Is this a
deficiency in the spec?

thanks,