[mcclim-devel] asdf-install ready mcclim.asd

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Mon Jan 31 19:44:08 UTC 2005

Andreas Fuchs <asf at boinkor.net> writes:

> The real improvements happen if you happen to touch just one file in
> an already-built McCLIM installation, like setf-star.lisp that I

Here are some tests done after rebuilding my brain from source--yes,
fresh build...

On the same machine and setup, touching setf-star.lisp with McCLIM's
system definition in system.lisp:

  (time (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :clim-clx-user))

; Evaluation took:
;   53.7 seconds of real time
;   49.69545 seconds of user run time
;   3.013542 seconds of system run time
;   150,293,052,412 CPU cycles
;   [Run times include 8.22 seconds GC run time]
;   65 page faults and
;   1,468,144,312 bytes consed.
;
NIL

With your defsystem in mcclim.asd:

  (time (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :mcclim))

; Evaluation took:
;   30.71 seconds of real time
;   29.042583 seconds of user run time
;   1.57676 seconds of system run time
;   85,941,184,796 CPU cycles
;   [Run times include 4.61 seconds GC run time]
;   0 page faults and
;   827,465,488 bytes consed.
;
NIL