[mcclim-devel] find-keystroke-item slowness

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Thu Jan 27 04:52:18 UTC 2005

Cyrus Harmon writes:

 > Dear mcclim-devel,
 >
 > It looks like find-keystroke-item is doing a lot of work (linear search
 > through the keystrokes) every time there's a key event. I know this is
 > the lispy way to do things, and clim wants to be flexible enough to
 > provide other tests besides event-matches-gesture-name-p, but this
 > seems like an awful lot of work for every key stroke. Am I missing
 > something here?
 >
 > BTW, I bring this up to try to address the generally poor response I
 > get typing in climacs with the beagle back end.

I seriously doubt that find-keystroke-item is the source of your
problem.  While you are right, that it is doing a sequential search,
it does so at interaction speed which is thousands of times slower.

Have you profiled it to be sure that this is really the source of the
poor response?

--
Robert Strandh