[mcclim-devel] find-keystroke-item slowness

Cyrus Harmon ch-mcclim at bobobeach.com
Thu Jan 27 00:34:33 UTC 2005

Dear mcclim-devel,

It looks like find-keystroke-item is doing a lot of work (linear search
through the keystrokes) every time there's a key event. I know this is
the lispy way to do things, and clim wants to be flexible enough to
provide other tests besides event-matches-gesture-name-p, but this
seems like an awful lot of work for every key stroke. Am I missing
something here?

BTW, I bring this up to try to address the generally poor response I
get typing in climacs with the beagle back end.

Thanks,

Cyrus