[mcclim-devel] Running McCLIM and CL-SDL together: is it possible?

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Mon Jan 3 13:06:40 UTC 2005

Is it possible to run a McCLIM and a CL-SDL (cl-sdl.sourceforge.net)
application within the same Lisp image?

When I try this with CMUCL, only the CL-SDL application runs and the
McCLIM one--say, the CLIM Listener--is frozen, i.e. the window is not
refreshed and does not process input events.  Things do not change if
I start the CLIM Listener with :new-process t.

I understand that the OpenGL/SDL event loop is a bit "pervasive", but
I wonder whether there are any workarounds.

Paolo