[mcclim-devel] Yet another bug for the bug list

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Mon Feb 21 22:12:46 UTC 2005

On 2005-02-19, Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> The issue I have is that I've used a raw cliki-based bug tracking
> system before -- entomotomy -- and while it was by no means an
> unmitigated disaster, I think it would be fair to say that for those
> who had the most interaction with it, it was more work than it
> needed to be.
>
> What I would like to see is something which can be driven by e-mail,
> much like debbugs, working maybe from header information, maybe from
> stuff in the body.  So when a bug report like mine arrives, someone
> In Charge of Bugs forwards the mail on to
> mcclim-bug at common-lisp.net, say, with a few commands in the new
> body:
>
> open open-window-stream-windows-not-closed-by-parent
> submitter csr21 at cam.ac.uk
> thanks
>
> and then the body of the original message, or even just a
> message-id, if the system would be smart enough to convert that to a
> URL to the mcclim-devel archives.  Closing a bug should likewise be
> done by e-mail; discussion can be done over the mailing list, with
> any particularly pertinent messages likewise forwarded to the
> magical bug system (with command "addto" or something).

I created a "roundup" (roundup.sf.net) issue tracker for mcclim and
populated it with bugs from the wiki page. The web interface isn't
that bad, although the e-mail interface could use some work, if it is
to support the (debbugs-centric) workflow you describe above.

If you want to take a look, it's at
<URL:http://boinkor.net/lisp/mcclim/roundup.cgi/mcclim/>.

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at boinkor.net>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs