[mcclim-devel] Re: image:write-pnm doesn't work with SBCL 0.8.17

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 16 11:22:55 UTC 2005

Milan Zamazal <pdm at zamazal.org> writes:

> Image writing in Backends/CLX/image.lisp breaks with SBCL 0.8.17.  The
> output streams there are character streams, so if the environment is a
> UTF-8 environment for instance, then the output stream is recoded and
> the resulting image is broken.

Can you try the attached?

I haven't altered the cut-and-paste code in Backend/Beagle/; anyone
who cares should probably see if the code is identical and if so
refactor.  In addition, someone who cares about pnm might want to make
read-image-file and write-image-file or write-pnm logical inverses of
each other -- I haven't tested the attached at all beyond compiling it
because I have no idea how it should be used.  Maybe if someone who
uses it attempts to document it, it will make more sense?