[mcclim-devel] frames with multiple layouts

rpgoldman at real-time.com rpgoldman at real-time.com
Wed Aug 17 19:55:10 UTC 2005

I've used multiple layouts to give me a kind of modal UI.  It seemed
easier to have multiple, simple diplay functions instead of a single
complex one.

All well and good, but now I find that when I change layouts, the size
of the frame changes.  This is annoyingly distracting, especially
since it happens in an odd way:

1.  go to layout 1.

2.  Maximize the window.

3.  Go to layout 2.  Window shrinks.

4.  Return to layout 1.  Window has shrinky size of layout 2.

Is there some relatively easy way to make CLIM assign the frame a size
that is the MAX of all of the sizes of the individual layouts?

Thanks,