[mcclim-devel] minor bug in CLIM-LISTENER or in FORMAT-GRAPH-FROM-ROOTS

rpgoldman at real-time.com rpgoldman at real-time.com
Tue Aug 16 01:52:28 UTC 2005

Often, I find when graphing classes in the CLIM-LISTENER, that I will
run off the window size.

The reason is that neither the class-grapher, which invokes
format-graph-from-roots, nor format-graph-from-roots, calls
change-space-requirement on its stream.

I'm not at all sure what's the proper fix.  It seems to me that
Format-graph-from-roots should call change-space-requirements, because
I can't imagine a case where one wouldn't want to after drawing a
graph.

But I recall raising this issue on #lisp one day, and having people
argue that they preferred NOT to have anything automatically call
change-space-requirements, that this should be left to the programmer,
in the interests of efficiency, so that that programmer could bundle
up a large number of window writes before updating the space
requirements.

So, what's the consensus of the group?  Where should this be fixed?

Robert