[mcclim-devel] One char patch to presentation-defs [really future of McCLIM]

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Fri Aug 12 09:07:04 UTC 2005

kr <kr at n-a-n-o.com> writes:

> Robert Strandh writes:
>  > It is a totally different project in my opinion.  To improve the
>  > current code, the owner needs to know both the spec and the code.  To
>  > improve the spec, only a limited amount of knowledge of the code is
>  > required.
>
> could you please say more about which particular aspects of mcclim
> need to be improved in what ways ?

I am not a McCLIM implementor and I don't know the details of
architectural changes.  As a user, I would like a fully working
ACCEPTING-VALUES, with real gadget views and :OWN-WINDOW t (i.e. for
creating dialogs).  I would also appreciate improvements to the
PostScript backend, more specifically better management of page
margins (in most cases the output is cropped at the margins).

Paolo
--
Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log