[mcclim-devel] possible buglet in highlighting shapes

Andy Hefner ahefner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 17:40:44 UTC 2005

On 4/28/05, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:

> OK, sorry.  But for the stupid, what's the magic to put in
> make-application-frame that will give us something that's scrollable?
>
> If there is no easy way to specify a scrollable pane, isn't that a
> problem?

I think you are missing something. Use the 'scrolling' macro in your
layout, for example:

(define-application-frame ...
  (:layouts
    (default
      (scrolling () my-pane)))) ;; Is that the sort of macrology
you're looking for?

http://www.mikemac.com/mikemac/clim/panes.html#Macro%20scrolling

As I noted earlier, the :scroll-bars may also work, but only for
stream panes (interactors, application-panes, etc), not necessarily
arbitrary panes (buttons, layout panes, etc), and must require some
magic support in define-application-frame that the spec doesn't appear
to mention. I haven't looked for where this magic must exist in
McCLIM, so I don't know exactly what happens.