[mcclim-devel] possible buglet in highlighting shapes

Thibault Langlois tl at di.fc.ul.pt
Wed Apr 27 23:02:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 21:17 +0200, Paolo Amoroso wrote:
> rpgoldman at real-time.com writes:
>
> > is this problem a manifestation of some issues with programming
> > (Mc)CLIM?
>
> CLIM does require a lot of study.  I frequently browse and re-read the
> printed copy of the CLIM manual I keep on my shelves.  I also print
> and study all the CLIM code I can get my hands on (a rich source--no
> pun intended--of aha! moments).

I'm slowly learning CLIM and I usually check LW CLIM manual. I recently
printed the Allegro CLIM manual and although they are both based on the
spec, Allegro CLIM manual tend to have more examples. There always have
been people kind enough to show me a way to solve the problems I had
(both on this list and on #lisp).
Before asking I usually grep through the CLIM code I found to see how
some feature is used.

The last (unsolved :-) problem is related to keystrokes when I define a
command with the define-frame-command macro.

I tried to do as described in the allegro CLIM manual:

(define-test-commands-1-command (com-quit :name t
                                          :keystroke (:q :control))
 ()
 (frame-exit *application-frame*))

but C-q in the interactor does nothing.

The LW CLIM manual gives a different syntax for keystrokes that is not
readable with cmucl/McCLIM: :keystroke #\c-\q

I tried to define a gesture:
(define-gesture-name :quit :keyboard (#\q :control))

(define-test-commands-1-command
    (com-quit :name t
              :keystroke :quit)
   ()
 (frame-exit *application-frame*))

I have seen examples like this one and I think it should work but it
does not (C-q does nothing).

It would be usefull to have a place were to keep these hints. I am not
sure McCLIM cliki is the right place. The anotable version of the specs
could be a convenient place to put such hints (because one would be able
to read the doc and see other users' advices) but the anotations I have
seen are mostly about the standard, not very useful for a user with
little experience.

Thibault

--
Thibault Langlois <tl at di.fc.ul.pt>