[mcclim-devel] How to open a frame opened with OPEN-WINDOW-STREAM

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Sun Apr 3 19:38:29 UTC 2005

Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> writes:

> I would like to simulate a modal dialog, contained in its own window,
> via an ACCEPTING-VALUES inside a frame opened with
> OPEN-WINDOW-STREAM.  I use code like this:
[...]
> This mostly works, but the CLIM frame opened with OPEN-WINDOW-STREAM
> is not closed.  I tried using only CLOSE in COM-DIALOG, but without
> success.  How can I close that window?

Ooops, I didn't notice this bug:

  Windows opened by open-window-stream are not automatically closed when their parent is closed
  http://mcclim.cliki.net/Bug#open-window-stream-not-closed

I do not need to close the parent, but what I reported is probably
related to this bug.  In the CLOSE method on CLIM-STREAM-PANE in
panes.lisp, the call to DISABLE-FRAME does not apparently do much.  I
tried adding the forms:

  (frame-exit *application-frame*)

or:

  (frame-exit (pane-frame stream))

before and after the one to DISABLE-FRAME, but the window still
refuses to close.

Paolo
--
Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log