[mcclim-devel] Application pane vertical scrolling does not work with table formatting

Timothy Moore moore at bricoworks.com
Wed Dec 29 10:09:46 UTC 2004

On Dec 28, 2004, at 6:40 PM, Paolo Amoroso wrote:

> I have found an annoying problem that severely limits the use of table
> formatting in application panes.  This sample code shows the problem:

> Although the tabular output is longer than the application pane's
> viewport, it is not possible to vertically scroll it to see the
> remaining part.  The thumb occupies all the scroll bar's area, as if
> there was no additional output.
>
> Is the above code supposed to work?  Am I doing anything wrong?  Any
> workarounds?

This is probably a bug, or at least could be handled by McCLIM itself.
I added this in an application I wrote that displays really big tables:

(defclass redisplay-frame-mixin ()
   ())

(defmethod redisplay-frame-pane :after
     ((frame redisplay-frame-mixin) (pane application-pane) &key force-p)
   (declare (ignore force-p))
   (change-space-requirements
    pane :height (bounding-rectangle-height (stream-output-history
pane))))

(define-application-frame geekbooks (master-frame-mixin
redisplay-frame-mixin
				     standard-application-frame)
   ((current-account :accessor current-account)
    (reconciling-activity :accessor reconciling-activity)) ...)

This could be the default for application panes with scroll bars.

Tim