[mcclim-devel] How to resize a pane with scrollbars?

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Tue Dec 28 20:07:03 UTC 2004

In the barebones clim app below, using the "Resize Input" command to
resize the interactor pane causes the scrollbar thumb to resize so
that the new bigger interactor can be scrolled around.  This is what
I'd expect.  Resizing the application pane in similar fashion ("Resize
Output") however, has no effect that I can see.

I've only been using clim for a few days, so it's not obvious to me
that it's supposed to work like this anyway.  If it isn't, please feel
free to say so.  How should I be doing this?

(The name of this application is because I initially suspected from
TRACEing COMPOSE-SPACE that there was a vrack pane swallowing the
space requirement and substituting its own.  Now, though, I just
believe I don't understand the layout protocol anyway)

(clim:define-application-frame vrack-test ()
  ()
  (:pointer-documentation t)
  (:panes
   (track :application
	  :scroll-bars :vertical
	  ;:width 600 :height 400
	  )
   (int :interactor :height 120 :width 600))
  (:layouts
   (default (vertically () track int))))

(define-vrack-test-command (com-quit :name "Quit") ()
  (frame-exit *application-frame*))
(define-vrack-test-command (com-resize-out :name "Resize Output")
    ((size 'number))
  (change-space-requirements *standard-output*
			     :width 600 :height size))
(define-vrack-test-command (com-resize-in :name "Resize Input")
    ((size 'number))
  (change-space-requirements *standard-input*
			     :width 600 :height size)))

(run-frame-top-level (make-application-frame 'vrack-test))

--
"please make sure that the person is your friend before you confirm"