[mac-lisp-ide] Portable Hemlock and questions

mikel evins mikel at evins.net
Fri Jul 23 03:52:30 UTC 2004

On Jul 22, 2004, at 4:13 PM, Gary Byers wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, David Steuber wrote:
>
>> These are just some idle questions.
>>
>> Is the source from Hemlock at all useful as far as editing functions
>> for porting over to a proper Carbon based application for an Aqua
>> compliant IDE?
>
> I had made some progress in integrating Portable Hemlock and Cocoa;
> I'd hoped to be able to release that a few  months ago, but haven't
> had time to do much of anything OpenMCL- or mac-lisp-ide- related
> since.
>
> I don't know how useful this would be to someone determined to use
> Carbon.

[...]

> If anyone wants to volunteer to fix up/finish the Hemlock/Cocoa stuff
> I started, I can help some; I hope to be able to work on it more in
> the near future, but every prediction I've made so far about how "near"
> has proven wildly optimistic.

I have a new version of Clotho on the table, based on a new version of
Bosco that I did a month or so ago, and I plan sometime 'soon' to try
merging your Hemlock sources into it.

But I'm kind of in the same boat as you regarding time to do it. If
people are patient enough, I'll eventually get it done. If they aren't,
well, I'm always glad for other people to do the work I was going to
do.

--me