[mac-lisp-ide] Moving forward...

Timothy Moore moore at bricoworks.com
Tue Feb 10 20:29:33 UTC 2004

On Feb 10, 2004, at 9:24 PM, mikel evins wrote:

> The current name of the Backend is "Cocoa", but that's probably not
> right. For one thing, it's OpenMCL-specific; what if you get an
> SBCL-based Cocoa Backend working, for example? I'd be interested in
> hearing people's naming suggestions before we go committing a new
> directory to McCLIM.

If a SBCL-based Cocoa backend appeared I'd really hope, in fact I would
insist, that it share code with an OpenMCL backend unless some issue
made that  completely impossible. I don't think we need to worry about
other Cocoa backends showing up any time soon :), but you could call it
"MetaCocoa" or something.

Tim