[mac-lisp-ide] Moving forward...

mikel evins mikel at evins.net
Tue Feb 10 20:24:34 UTC 2004

On Feb 10, 2004, at 6:36 AM, Timothy Moore wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2004, at 3:21 PM, Brian Mastenbrook wrote:
>
>> Howdy folks,
>>
>> There hasn't been any activity here for a few days, so I'm wondering
>> how people are doing - in particular I'm wondering if the McCLIM
>> people found a way to start working together?
> Yeah, if you guys want to put code for the Cocoa backend into the
> McCLIM tree, let me know.

I sent mail to the McCLIM list about this; Duncan and I are merged and
the Listener runs--sort of. It needs a lot of debugging and other work,
but it seems worthwhile to check it in. There is a new Backend
(currently called "Cocoa", but see below), whose structure is based on
Bosco, and there is a new system-cocoa.lisp system definition and a few
changes to the toplevel ports.lisp.

The current name of the Backend is "Cocoa", but that's probably not
right. For one thing, it's OpenMCL-specific; what if you get an
SBCL-based Cocoa Backend working, for example? I'd be interested in
hearing people's naming suggestions before we go committing a new
directory to McCLIM.

--me