how to change button height? - from beginner

cage cage at katamail.com
Sun Sep 13 08:41:02 UTC 2015

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 10:51:45PM -0700, David Wong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> New to LTK, I just want to change the button height, but couldn’t.
> Doing it in (make-instance …), I got “Invalid initialization argument: :HEIGHT in call for class #<STANDARD-CLASS BUTTON>” error.
> Doing it in (configure b :height 10), then I got “Tcl/Tk error: unknown option “-height””.
> What’s the proper way to do it?

Hello!

I guess LTK use ttk as default, see:

http://wiki.tcl.tk/14796

according  to  documentation  there  is no  "height"  option  for  the
ttk::button

http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TkCmd/ttk_button.htm

IIRC  if the  image  initarg  is used  the  button automatically  will
shrink/inflate to accomodate the image.

Bye!
C.