[ltk-user] resizing canvas, exiting main loop, fullscreen

cage cage at katamail.com
Fri Apr 27 15:11:07 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 04:22:20PM +0200, Tamas K Papp wrote:

> > I can not help for the rest of the questions but "buttonpress-2" binds
> > to the "wheel" button of the mouse on my system, try "<ButtonPress-3>"
> > instead.
>
> Thanks!  I basically have it under control now, see:

You're welcome!

> http://paste.lisp.org/display/129192
>
> In particular, I defined set-wm-attributes to make the window full
> screen.  I wonder if that would be a useful addition to LTK.

I am  positive for that  and I hope  Peter, the author of  the library
will include it.

> Currently I have the following issues:
>
> 1. I can't make the border disappear around the canvas.

i can only see  two horizontal (1px or so as height)  lines on top and
bottom  of the screen,  however I  tried to  replace pack  method with
grid:

(grid canvas 0 0 :sticky "nswe")

and the the bottom line seems to disappear.

> 2. If I go near the top/bottom of the screen, or move around too much
> with the mouse, the script crashes with the following message:
>
> "The value 0 is not of type CHARACTER."
>
> and I get a debugging window.  Suggestions to resolve these would be
> appreciated.  Also, comments on the code are welcome, I figured things
> out by reading the source.

I spent  a minute or  so moving the  mouse (and my eyes  are exploding
now! I  hope you will  add a disclaimer  for that!) and got  no crash,
sorry!

> But LTK is truly amazing!  I wrote this application in about 30 minutes
> and it basically does what I want it to do.

Totally agree!

Bye!
C.