[ltk-user] Getting up and running problem on W32 + sbcl

Evans H Winner III thorne at unm.edu
Sat May 22 06:52:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, 21 May 2010 10:43:29 +0200
  Peter Herth <herth at peter-herth.de> wrote:
> Hi Evans,
>
> while the error doesn't tell me much, you shouldn't get
> complaints
> about fly. As I am
> about to release a new ltk version, perhaps first try
> that one, you
> can find it at:
>
> http://ltk.rplay.net/svn/branches/ltk/repl/ltk.lisp

Thank you.  I tried that file and got the same result.

However, I realized that I had not tried it outside of
slime, just using a command line.  I find that when there
are mysterious problems in Lisp, about 60% of the time if
I take slime out of the equation then things magically
work (and if they don't work, at least the debugger output
is comprehensible).  So the problem apparently is related
to slime.

I would be happy to take any actions to try  to figure out
what the problem is, but I have to admit that I wouldn't
know where to start without some suggestions.