[ltk-user] First use of ltk

Greg Bennett gwbennett at sentex.ca
Sun Dec 6 01:03:35 UTC 2009

Peter, thanks for the message; thanks also to Daniel Herring and Victor.
It turns out that I did not have tcl and tk installed. I now have them
and all is well in that at the shell (bash)
wish -> a blank window and a % prompt

while inside SBCL
(ltktest) and (ltk::ltk-eyes) do their thing.
As does the first example from the documentation.
So thanks all, once more.
;;;;
My lisp experience is with Franz's Allegro and their common graphics.
There I can open a window and keep the listener/repl alive.
 From the repl
(setf w make-a-window-syntax)
then allows me to do things like
(draw-to w some-graphic)
from that REPL.
This facility is important to the application I'm interested in porting;
I guess it
means that I must learn how to program with threads/processes to obtain
this behaviour.

Cheers /Greg Bennett
***