[ltk-user] reader error using menus on OS X

Zdenek Eichler zdenek.eichler at gcajkol.cz
Sat Dec 27 11:24:33 UTC 2008

Hi Phil, Peter and everyboady,
I send my update of LTK year ago to Peter with description of problem
and video with problem. But nothing happened. I hope for second time :)

Just replace function read-event with this:

(defun read-event (&key (blocking t) (no-event-value nil))
   (or (pop (wish-event-queue *wish*))
       (if (or blocking (can-read (wish-stream *wish*)))
           (if (eql #\( (peek-char t (wish-stream *wish*) nil))
              (read-preserving-whitespace (wish-stream *wish*) nil nil)
              (read-line (wish-stream *wish*) nil))
          no-event-value)))

and please tell me, if it helped or not.

This error is because TCL/TK aqua inplementation on intel mac sends
specific message whitch I remember was like "suom moved" and original
function read-event was not rady for this input in stream. I made this
update because I used LTK for my diplom work and i found this strange
error too late for change graphic library. So i repaired it. Probably
there is better and cleaner way to repair this strange error, but I
was in great hurry with my diplom work :) So i hope it will work also
for you and everyboady.

Hi Peter,
please correct this strange error. My solution is bropably not best,
but you can make better because you are creator of library. But this
proofs existence of problem.  I home my informations will be useful
for you.

Zdenek Eichler