[ltk-user] reader error using menus on OS X

Phil Armitage philip.armitage at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 00:30:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been having a problem on OS X whereby selecting menu options
(either top level menus or pop-up menus) would throw random, but very
regular, reader errors "comma not inside a backquote". At first I
thought this was just my code but having ran (ltk:ltktest), I can
verify that the same problem occurs here too.

My system is OS X 10.5.6 and the error can be triggered in both SBCL
1.0.23 and CCL 1.2. The error does not seem to occur on any Linux or
Windows box I've tested on.

Note that to recreate the problem it may be necessary to select menu
options several times. For example, I just ran LTKTEST and generated
the error on the first click of File->Load. Running a second time it
took 15 attempts before it triggered again. Unfortunately my users are
managing to trigger the error quite regularly!

My attempts at tracking this down have been rather useless...has
anyone else worked out hot to fix the problem?

Many thanks,

--
Phil Armitage
http://phil.nullable.eu/