[ltk-user] Handling radio-button values

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 15:09:22 UTC 2007

Hello group,

I am having touble figuring out how to build widgets that handle
button & slider events.  I am going though the examples on this web
site (http://www.bin-co.com/tcl/tutorial/widgets3.php).

I have attached a minimalist radio-button example that is supposed to
transfer the value of the radio-button to the text field.  The way it
works is that I am supposed to choose the gender (male/female), and
then press a button to transfer the gender to the text field.

The gender is predefined as male, so you need to press the female one,
to get female in the text field.  But that is not what happened.

I looked at the eggs example in lisp.ltk, where the button variable
seems to refer to a function that produces textual output.  I tried to
emulate that as well, but not successfuly.

As a side note, I am planning to re-formulate all the examples on the
above mentioned web page in ltk, and then look for a web site where to
post them (Peter's would be a good choice).  Of course, I would first
look for suggestions for improvement from this group.
The write up would be geared to lisp & ltk novices (which describes me
pretty well).

Thanks,

Mirko