[ltk-user] Newbie Questions

Arie van Wingerden xapwing at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 10:37:50 UTC 2007

Hi Toren,

the easiest way is to download from
http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/downloads.html

You should choose the right species from the table.
The left column is reserved for alpha / binary releases, so do not pick one
of these.
Also do not choose the bottom part (TclSh)

In my case I downloaded the Windows UPX (this is important!) version 8.4.16.
The downloaded file is called  tclkit-win32.upx.exe.

In order to use it properly you need to do the following:
   1. rename the downloaded file to wish.exe
   2. move the file to a directory which is in the search PATH for your OS
(in Windows this would be in a directory which is in the environment
variable PATH)

After doing that retry using it.

Good luck,
   Arie

P.S.
   Alternatively you could download and install ActiveState Tcl/Tk, but
that's like shooting with a nuclear bomb at a bug ;-)
   You can download it here http://www.activestate.com/Products/activetcl/