[ltk-user] Newbie Questions

Valone, Toren W. TValone at DMV.CA.gov
Thu Dec 27 20:40:19 UTC 2007

Ok, not to sound like a total rube, but where is the easiest place to
get wish.exe? I was able to download and install wish85.exe, but it does
not appear to be the same.

I did use the setf for tcl85 but when I do the tktest I get

EVAL: undefined function LTKTEST
   [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-UNDEFINED-FUNCTION]

-----Original Message-----
From: ltk-user-bounces at common-lisp.net
[mailto:ltk-user-bounces at common-lisp.net] On Behalf Of Peter Herth
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 6:22 AM
To: Talk about Ltk the Lisp Toolkit
Subject: Re: [ltk-user] Newbie Questions

This looks as if with-ltk is called, but it cannot start the Tk
subprocess. To use Ltk "out of the box", the program called "wish"
needs to be executable via your system path. To test, open a dos shell
and type "wish". If Tk is properly installed, it should start up.
Alternatively you can do
(setf ltk:*wish-pathname* "c:\program files\mywish.exe")
where you have to replace "c:\program files\mywish.exe" with the
correct path to where you installed "whish".

HTH,
Peter

On Dec 26, 2007 8:53 PM, Valone, Toren W. <TValone at dmv.ca.gov> wrote:
> Ok, I switched to the package, then found that I had to recode the
> function, when I ran it again I got this,
>

> Win32 error 2 (ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): The system cannot find the file
> specified.
>    [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-OS-ERROR]

ltk-user site list
ltk-user at common-lisp.net