[ltk-user] text widget, tk8.5

Peter Herth herth at peter-herth.de
Sun Sep 17 10:58:42 UTC 2006

> Ok -- what I need is basically the full functionality of the text
> widget, including tag, mark and (later) image support. For the moment
> the most important thing is the range of tag commands:
>
> pathName tag option ?arg arg ...?
>
>     pathName tag add tagName index1 ?index2 index1 index2 ...?
>     pathName tag bind tagName ?sequence? ?script?
>     pathName tag cget tagName option
>     pathName tag configure tagName ?option? ?value? ?option value ...?
>     pathName tag delete tagName ?tagName ...?
>     pathName tag lower tagName ?belowThis?
>     pathName tag names ?index?
>     pathName tag nextrange tagName index1 ?index2?
>     pathName tag prevrange tagName index1 ?index2?
>     pathName tag raise tagName ?aboveThis?
>     pathName tag ranges tagName
>     pathName tag remove tagName index1 ?index2 index1 index2 ...

Ok, I put them on my list.

> I think only bind and configure are implemented at this time.
>
> Later on, I'll need most of the other text widget commands as listed at
> http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TkCmd/text.htm

I do not plan to add specific 8.5 features until it seems to be
finalized and unfortunately that seems to be still a bit away,
however...

> Encouragement helps -- I double checked and the errors I was getting
> were the result of trying to use ltk-tile with tk8.5a4. After I removed
> tile, things seem to work fine!

... if there area errors, please report them and I might try to fix
them. Tile is probably the most obvious missing feature of current 8.5
releases, but I get the impression there are plans to have tile in the
final release.

Peter