[ltk-user] LTK improvements

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Tue Nov 28 14:28:28 UTC 2006

Ok, here goes. The full diff against 0.90 is attached below, comments
and notes follow.

BWidget changes:
-- added BWidget tree (not yet fully featured, but close, all callbacks
   need to be implemented)
-- added raisecmd option to notebook widget's insert-page method
-- added configure-page to the notebook widget
-- tried to implement LabelEntry, not yet complete

Text widget changes:
-- added :position and :padx keyword args to insert-object, this is very
   useful in the text widget
-- improved append-text so that it deals with empty text, removed
   unnecessary space,
-- added insert-text, supporting :position and :tags arguments, NOTE
   this needs work, I'm assuming a list of tags gets passed, not a
   single tag, it should probably support both,
-- made insert-object accept :padx and :position arguments,
-- added tag and mark commands, these should be fairly complete,
-- added dump and index methods
-- added text-image-create method

Other Ltk changes:
-- minor formatting changes in ltk.lisp (spaces before parentheses, etc)
-- added callback6 to ltk.lisp, and I really think there should be a
   better way of dealing with multi-parameter callbacks...
-- introduced dependencies: split-sequence, cl-ppcre, iterate: these
   probably aren't all strictly necessary, but I really hate to reinvent
   the wheel, and those are all good quality libraries, so...

I have high hopes for the open source fairy to make my code better now.

--J.