[ltk-user] ltk examples

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 18:16:23 UTC 2006

On 11/17/06, Bernhard Graf <bgraf at adartis.de> wrote:

> Thanks Ken,
> I know, documenting all features of ltk is an awful lot of work, but maybe
> if it is divided into pieces and done by several people it is manageable
> with not too much effort.
> And, as you probably know, Peter is German (as I am, too) and Germans opt
> for perfection ;-)
>
> By the way, I have meanwhile been able to solve the problem myself, as I
> found a bigger piece of code that is written using ltk (clmail :
> http://hocwp.free.fr/glmf/article_clmail/clmail-v2/) and by analyzing this
> I was able to use the already implemented function "scrolled-text". So Peter
> has obviously already implemeted it.

Awesome. I had a feeling.

As looking at software that is already utilizing ltk is the best way to find
> out how to use it, do other members of the list know of more examples like
> clmail ?
>
> Maybe another "rather unspecific" question, but if we get together enough
> pieces of code (maybe even from each other) this would be the best way to
> help each other not to "reinvent the wheel")

Does LTK still just offer the spinning lines demo? I have a  "lotsa-widgets"
demo for my Celtk (once a fork, now wholly independent of Ltk) that tries to
cover everything, and the Vasily Margioulas delivered an incredibly
comprehensive suite of demos with Cells-Gtk:

 http://common-lisp.net/project/cells-gtk/screenshots.html

Is that what you had in mind? Which ones will you be doing first? :)

Happy to hear things are going perfectly well for you. :)

ken