[ltk-user] LispWorks (windows) hanging on ltktest...

Arie van Wingerden xapwing at gmail.com
Sat May 6 10:02:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

yesterday I did a fresh install of LTK on my WinXP box which formerly ran on
Win2K.
After installing I checked whether LTKTEST did work properly.
It didn't ;-)

So, I found the original message in the LTK mailing list with the subject
above and found I had exactly the same problem(s).

In order to find out, I disabled lots of running programs one by one and
retried LTKTEST but couldn't find the reason for failure.

So, in the end I just restarted WinXP et voila LTKTEST now works fine!
I think I now know why ...
I think one should *always* restart WinXP right after installing Tcl/Tk (in
my case ActiveState Tcl/Tk) to get things right (which I almost always do,
but forgot about this time - my bad).

Conclusion: LTK just works fine, don't forget to reboot your Windows box
after installing Tcl/Tk.

   Arie van Wingerden

Doneer gratis op / donate free at http://www.voedselhulp.nl &
http://www.freedonation.com