[ltk-user] Tcl/Tk FFI Lite

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Thu May 4 18:37:05 UTC 2006

Frank and I like OpenGL and I thought tcl3D might not offer the best frame
rates so we went with Togl. To get to the Togl OpenGL context one must be
running in the same process so we load tcl and tk dynamically and use a
handful of FFI calls to fire up an interpreter running in the same process.
Then we can use Togl FFI to register Lisp callbacks which in turn do OpenGL
using cl-opengl (the c-l.net version, not my old bindings). Frank did the
heavy lifting on all this.

The code no longer uses Ltk (but thanks for the great start!!). The Celtk
module is alongside the Cells module under this project:
http://common-lisp.net/project/cells/, in case y'all want to borrow
anything. Frank's work is LLGPL, mine is MIT for now, might go LLGPL soon.
btw, do get the latest Cells code if you want to try it. ASD files are not
guaranteed to be relevant, but the LPR files are readable and tell you what
the ASD /should/ be.

modify tk-test to launch either the cells version of ltktest or the Togl
version of the gears demo from cl-opengl. Oops, gotta go check the license
and make that theft clear.

Thx again to LTk and especially Peter for turning me on to Tcl/Tk.

kenny