[ltk-user] Library for generating ltk interface from a file

Nix uu.nix.uu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 19:37:06 UTC 2006

Hello,
I'm a physics student from Spain. I've been using Common Lisp from 6 months
ago, and I like ltk as a GUI toolkit. I've developed a library (only 40
lines of code) that can load and create a ltk interface from a file with a
description of It. That description is stored on a struct. Thanks to that,
It's very easy to read and generate them from Lisp. Actually, the library
lacks support for others geometry managers than pack, but I'll add It
sooner.
I want to use It to create an interface builder similar to glade, but for
ltk. I've intented that before, but lacked what this library does. I believe
It won't be so difficult to do, but I have not much time.
The library is at http://mural.uv.es/feana/programes/pam.tar.gz . At the
moment It does not use asdf, just load It with (load (compile-file "
llibreria.lisp")) . A little test is included, you can test It:

(defun prova (x)
     (print 'hello))

(use-package :ltk)
(load "llibreria.lisp")
(defun run ()
    (with-ltk ()
            (load_interface_from_file "descriptio.lisp")))
(run)

It will create a button and binds "<Motion>" to the prova function. It has
been tested (only a few, It's not finished yet) on CMUCL and Linux on a x86
machine.

Please, send me any suggest if you want. Thanks you.
Bye!