[log5-devel] Bug in printing arguments

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Tue Dec 7 16:40:36 UTC 2010

Hi Venkatesan,

Thanks for your question. You've stumbled on a bug that I've corrected locally but mistakenly failed to update on github.

I'll remedy this later today.

My apologies for my oversite.

regards,

On Dec 7, 2010, at 8:29 AM, Venkatesan S wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a new user of log5 (and lisp in general). When I tried playing around, I found that log5 has a problem printing variables. For eg,
> >(setf a 15)
> >(log-for (info) "a is ~a~%" a)
>
> [after setting up a sender and importing all symbols from log5]
>
> It prints:
> 3500123556 (INFO) a is A
>
> I expected to see: a is 5
>
> Is there anything I am missing? I tried grokking the source, and tried putting a , before value in the log-for macro like in:
>
> (defmacro log-for (category-spec message &rest args)
>   (if (%log-p category-spec)
>       `(let ((category (load-time-value
>             (update-category-spec nil ',category-spec)
>             t)))
>      (handle-message
>       (category-id category)
>       ,message
>       , at args))
>       `(,values)))
>
> But this did not help. Can anyone please let me know how to achieve what I want? If it is useful, I am using sbcl 64 bit on Centos 5.5 and the latest clog5 (v0.3.1)
>
> Thanks,
> Venkatesan
>

> --
> Audentis fortuna juvat

Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 559 8738
Fax: (206) 338-4052
gwkkwg on Skype * garethsan on AIM * gwking on twitter