[log5-devel] Bug in printing arguments

Venkatesan S svtesan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 13:29:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am a new user of log5 (and lisp in general). When I tried playing around,
I found that log5 has a problem printing variables. For eg,
>(setf a 15)
>(log-for (info) "a is ~a~%" a)

[after setting up a sender and importing all symbols from log5]

It prints:
3500123556 (INFO) a is A

I expected to see: a is 5

Is there anything I am missing? I tried grokking the source, and tried
putting a , before value in the log-for macro like in:

(defmacro log-for (category-spec message &rest args)
  (if (%log-p category-spec)
      `(let ((category (load-time-value
            (update-category-spec nil ',category-spec)
            t)))
     (handle-message
      (category-id category)
      ,message
      , at args))
      *`(,values))*)

But this did not help. Can anyone please let me know how to achieve what I
want? If it is useful, I am using sbcl 64 bit on Centos 5.5 and the latest
clog5 (v0.3.1)

Thanks,
Venkatesan

--