[local-time-devel] Development direction?

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 10:12:53 UTC 2010

hi!

> I've read through the TODO in the repo and looking at the comments on time+
> and time- looks like the maintainers are undecided on what direction to take
> the project with respect to things like interval calculations. Am I getting
> the right impression?

the part of the TODO after "Attila:" is written by me. implementing
those ideas is:

 a) quite some work
 b) quite an intrusive change

which are the two reasons why i haven't jumped on the task.

also, i'm not even sure to what extent Daniel shares the same view i
scratched in the TODO. if very much, then i may end up opening a
branch and start working on the new line. if not so much, then i may
open a hu.dwim.foo-bar project to implement the alternative API
scratched in the TODO.

but as we are not pressed by any customer needs to do that, i wouldn't
expect it to happen tomorrow...

on the other hand, local-time in its current form is usable. we are
even using it in real life applications that calculates real money
being distributed... you just need to be aware of the internals not to
shoot yourself in the foot.

--
 attila