[local-time-devel] Development direction?

Bryan Emrys bryan.emrys at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 05:15:36 UTC 2010

Hello all,

A project just hit my desk that looks like it will involve a lot of
financial calculations which will eventually end up with various bits of
date arithmetic (mostly interval calculations, for example, bond issued on x
date, with various fixed and contingent rate reset dates on y, z, ... .
These calcs don't require anything more granular than days, but they do end
up with calculating based on number of days, months (full or partial) or
years (full or partial) in the intervals.

I've read through the TODO in the repo and looking at the comments on time+
and time- looks like the maintainers are undecided on what direction to take
the project with respect to things like interval calculations. Am I getting
the right impression?

Bryan