[local-time-devel] exporting 'date and 'time from the local-time package

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 13:47:14 UTC 2009

hi!

what we need is a shared 'date and 'time symbol between all our libs.
local-time does not yet provide a date and a time type, but until it's
done, punting by using specially crafter timestamps is a good enough
solution...

although exporting time will conflict with cl:time, but i still think
that this is The Right Way(tm). rationale:

 - cl:time is the wrong name, it should be
with-resource-usage-statistics or whatever el...
 - local-time will eventually provide date/time abstractions, at least
in a form of (typep foo 'time) using a type with satisfies

so, if no debate builds up about this, we'll add these two exported
symbols eventually.

--
 attila