[local-time-devel] one more patch with two new functions

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 17:36:43 UTC 2007

> Here is another patch with two functions I find useful. The first one
> returns number the of days in month and another one
> (modified-local-time) returns the local-time object with a required
> modification made. It is similar to adjusted-local-time. However,
> adjusted-local-time shifts the date when the modified-local-time sets
> the specified field to the required value.

a few comments:

- the names are not too intuitive, but as i can't come up with
anything better i'd better shut up right here... :)

- it would be good to have a way to tell these functions to sideffect
the changes into the input in situations someone wants to avoid
consing.

- yep, the local-time-adjust-days functionality should be merged into
the adjusted-local-time.

- please use spaces instead of tabs

unfortunately the test suite is not in a runnable state here, but
still i've recorded some changes and TODOs and pushed them with your
patches because waiting for me just hinders development. i'll do some
more testing eventually...

btw, i've started to refactor the test suite to have much more asserts
and while doing that i'm moving it to use stefil. i hope it's ok with
everyone. stefil makes it very easy to combine tests and run tests on
various datasets, because tests are mere instrumented defun's.

thanks for the paches,

--
 attila