[lmud-devel] re-inventing past mistakes

Heow Eide-Goodman lists at alphageeksinc.com
Fri Sep 24 20:01:54 UTC 2004

Guys,

I've always been interested in writing a MUD in Lisp as I feel it is a
very, very good implementation language.  Especially since the
programming aspect of most MUDs are often an afterthought.

Anyway, I thought you'd be interested in this paper on the exact
subject:

http://web.archive.org/web/20031227104716/http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dougo/thesis/000824/proposal/

Also, an interestingly fresh approach is this approach:

  http://mooix.net/

Which although is implemented in Perl, attempts to create a
cross-language platform so that objects can be implemented in something
like say Scheme.

I'm off to check out the CVS snapshot!

Love MUDs, love Lisp,

- Heow